Thursday, February 21, 2013

What is the best way to compare prices for eyeglass lenses?

I have a Humana vision plan and it has recommended to visit Lenscrafters, Pearlevision, Sears, Target and JCPenney for exam and glasses.

I want to see which will cost the most affordable for the eye exam and the glasses. The last time I went to Lenscrafters and it cost me $314.43 for a new pair. I had purchased "hipster" glasses but this time I want to find something that is conservative and plain for my new job.

* What is an easier way to compare the prices instead of visiting each retailer in person?

* Should I consider an online retailer if I want to get less expensive lenses? Which websites offer the best deals for a $200-$300 range pair of glasses?

* Would I save money if I got my exam at a private practice instead of one recommended by the big retailers?
Added (1). If a retailer offers a deal (such as 50% off of eyeglasses) but then it says that the deal can't be combined with an insurance plan, then what would be the least expensive way to pay for the glasses, with the store discount or with your insurance?
>>> What is the best way to compare prices for eyeglass lenses?