Sunday, September 9, 2012

Will pet insurance cover cataract surgery?

I originally got pet insurance 1.5 years ago after my dog got a bad scratch on the lens of his right eye.It ended up costing us close to $1000 for the exams and ointments for his eye. We had his teeth cleaned today and while he was under I asked the doctor to look at his right eye because it has been looking foggy lately. She said she thinks he may be developing cataracts in that same right eye. Would this be something that the insurance would be likely to cover? He never has been diagnosed with cataracts before, would this be something the insurance would be likely to cover. We have petplan.
Added (1). Sorry I don't know if I made it clear that we got insurance after we paid for all the appointments dealing with the scratch on his eye. We have yet to use our insurance for the 1.5 years we've had it. I just don't know if that original scratch will count as a preexisting condition for cataracts.
>>> Will pet insurance cover cataract surgery?