Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Having problems with my eyes? they are dry as a bone!

Well my eye sight went down hill randomly at the age of 14,
i noticed i couldn't see the black board at school after summer break
and went to the opticians, they said i needed glasses with a
prescription of -3 in one eye and -2.75 in the other (no astigmatism)
well i really didn't want to wear them (down to bullies at school)
and went up until i was 18 without them (looking back now i know how much
i missed out on with my bad eyes, as we used to go on holiday every year
to places like Egypt, spain, turkey and i couldn't see!) and then decided i wanted contact lenses,
loved them! no problems with them looked after them maybe worn them
for more then i should sometimes but that was down to not knowing that
i was going to a 12 hour shift at work before i got in, then after a year
of wearing them my eyes got very dry one day i took them out,
got eye drops and went back to the optician (no infection) and he
pointed our dry eye and gave me other lenses to try out (i tried about 4)
and they were all the same basically, well my eyes were only dry if
i wore the lenses so i went to a laser eye surgery consultation and they
said i wad a great candidate and i booked it, well because i was having dry
eye before surgery i decided to stop my contacts all together until i have it done
(which was about 2 months time) to give my eyes
to fully repair from contacts, but now i don't wear them ive noticed
how bad my eyes are without them! it's like my eyes crave them and are so
dryer without them (kept them out for a week and still dry eye)
it's that bad i know, because i'll wash my hands and touch the bottom
of my eye and it feels dry as a bone, they have more veins then usual, and
at work (i work in a hot care home) they sting and go bright red! and
then always kind of make a clicking noise when i blink! )im not planning on wearing contacts again
and im in my glasses (which i look good in but don't fancy wearing them when i go out as
im 20 years old now) i've also tried flax seed oil omega 3 (helping a bit) and bacterial
infection eye drops and that didn't help so ive ruled out infection,
but my eyes are still dry! I've been to doctors and she said probably a infection
and gave me stronger eye antibiotic drops but no change,
i am on the pill but been on it for about 4 years now
so could the side effect of dry eye start after 4 years?
i just wonder if anyone had this problem and if there eyes did go back to normal,
because i do like my glasses but laser eye surgery would change my life,
as i say i go on holiday and im blind as a bat when we go to water parks and theme parks
and i feel like im missing out on a lot! im not doing it to be vain because i probably would miss my glasses (getting some really cool gok wan ones) but i still feel as though im always missing out, so anyone got any advise for me?
anyone had lasik?(the risk put me of abit especially on the dryeyezone website!)
thank you very much for reading as i know i blabber on…
>>> Having problems with my eyes? they are dry as a bone!