Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Can wearing lower prescription glasses help improve my eyesight?

I've had my same pair of glasses since I was in high school. Now, five years later my doctor has renewed my prescription for higher power lenses.My question is, if I decide to ditch my contact lens (that are my right prescription,) and use my glasses instead, is there a chance of my overall eye sight improving?
Added (1). Quote: You were wearing your glasses, and your eyes got worse, right? So why would you think that continuing to wear those glasses would make your eyesight better?
My Reply: No, I wore my prescribed contact lenses while my vision continued to get worse. I never used my glasses. This is why I thought that maybe I could retrain my eyes; use the glasses that have a lower power and see if my eyes are able to adjust to that instead of being so dependent on my contacts.
>>> Can wearing lower prescription glasses help improve my eyesight?