Saturday, September 15, 2012

Why Do Colored Contacts Burn My Eyes?

Every time I try to put in my colored contact lenses, they burn. I don't mean a little, I mean they burn so badly that I collapse to the ground and can't open my eyes for about ten minutes. When I finally can open my eyes, it's painful and everything blurs.My eyes are always bright red after this. I've tried different contacts and different contact solutions, but it's always the same.It doesn't matter how much time I wait, the burning never completely stops, and I eventually have to take them out.My friends have tried the contact lenses to see what I'm talking about, and other than their eyes watering a bit and burning somewhat for a minute or two, they're perfectly fine. I don't understand what the problem is. Can anybody tell me why this is, or what's going on?
Added (1). I thought I should also add in that this has been going on for almost two years.
Added (2). -I have not been trying to wear the SAME pair of contacts for almost two years, I've been trying different brands of lenses and of solutions.
-I didn't let my friend where the same contact lenses I had worn, we bought the same brand and had her try them out. I do not share contact lenses.
-I ask that the people who answer don't criticize me. I would just like an answer as to why I cannot wear contact lenses. Thank you to the people who have actually answered the question.
-Also, I have hazel eyes.
>>> Why Do Colored Contacts Burn My Eyes?