Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Can heavy eyeglasses affect the alignment of your septum?

I have very bad eyesight so my lenses are so thick which makes the glasses feel kind of heavy.My older glasses would slide down my nose a lot, so I just got new glasses recently and they have nose pads to help keep them from sliding so much. The nose pads are leaving red marks on my nose because of how heavy the glasses are; I even got the 1.74 high index lenses which were supposed to make them thinner but they are not even that much thinner than my old ones. Well I got a septoplasty a couple years ago because my septum was so crooked and it was making my allergies feel worse. I don't want my septum to get crooked again. Since my glasses seem to be putting a lot of weight on my nose, can this affect my septum? Also, any advice on how I can get my glasses to be more lightweight? I know contact lenses are an alternative, which I do have some to wear occasionally, but I get tired of wearing contacts after a while with how much more maintenance they require.
>>> Can heavy eyeglasses affect the alignment of your septum?