Thursday, September 27, 2012

My vision is worse with my new progressive eyeglasses?

I am 40 years old.
R -0.25 (sphere) -1.00 (cylinder) 107 (axis)
L -0.25 (sphere) -0.50 (cylinder) 057 (axis)
R +1.25 (add power)
L +1.25 (add power)

I got the lenses today from a store which website is http://www.foreyes.com/eyeglasses/lens-help.html
I bought the trivex (Toughlites Air) because I want the lightest glasses.

Far distance object is fine but medium and reading distance is worse. They are worse despite my effort to move my head and eyes to the middle and bottom part of my glasses or moving the objects at various angles and distances.

They double checked the glasses with the prescription and they are a perfect match.

Could the prescription be wrong or could it be because I use trivex lenses instead of regular plastic lenses? I opted for trivex because it is lighter but I read somewhere that trivex has worse chromatic aberration than regular plastic. Should I switch to regular plastic? Would it be much heavier for my prescription?

I have 30 to 90 days to get a replacement warranty but I don't want to wait that long I can't work with these glasses for more than a few minutes.
>>> My vision is worse with my new progressive eyeglasses?