Sunday, May 18, 2014

Can wearing wrong prescription/power contact lenses make me look fat and wider?

I have myopia and a power of -8. Yesterday, I wore contact lenses of a power -6. Everything appeared wider?
With the contact lens, everything appeared wider but not taller. My hand felt huge. So, everyone felt a little disproportionate.
Can you explain how this works? Is it because I had not worn the correct power of lens. Or has it got something to do with those stuff like cylindrical, axis powers,etc?

I have also noticed, that without my glasses, things do appear slightly bigger but of course everything is in proportion so it is no problem. But why does this happen?

If you can explain this in term of physics, all the more better!

Thank you! :D

Read more: Can wearing wrong prescription/power contact lenses make me look fat and wider?