Sunday, May 18, 2014

Eye boogers and contact lens?

So one morning an hour or two before I usually wake up for school, I was kind of half awake and I tried to open my eyes to check the time but my right eye was stuck. I had to wipe away the eye boogers before I could open my eye. It wasn't super horrible although I still had to scratch some of it off. This usually doesn't happen.
When I got up and put in my contacts, my right eye was a bit uncomfortable and then it hurt all day. It wasn't unbearable pain like I needed to go to the doctor, but it was very bothersome pain. My friend said it might be because I didn't get enough sleep, which I didn't. But even on other nights when I don't get a lot of sleep this did not happen.
I took it out twice and cleaned it and put it back in but my eye still hurt so I just took it out for the rest of the day. The next day, it did the same thing. And just now I put them in and it hurt the same. But when I put in my left contact it was so painful to the point where it hurt to blink so I quickly took it out and discovered a bit of eye booger on it. I washed it off and put it back in and it felt better. I also washed my right one again and put it in. Now it's not so bothersome.
But I'm just wondering… Why did I get that random layer of eye boogers that glued my eye shut that morning, and how did it affected my contact lens? I do not have pink eye and I have only been wearing contacts for about 5 weeks and I've had these specific ones for 2 weeks and they were fine until that morning.

Read more: Eye boogers and contact lens?