Thursday, May 22, 2014

Using ortho-K lenses and my left lens keeps shifting off-centre…help?

I've been using ortho-K for five years (maybe six…) and I haven't had any trouble wearing them until last November, where my left contact lens shifts slightly off-centre and moves to bottom left of my cornea, which cause my eyesight of my left eye to decrease as well as soreness. I've tried removing my left contact lens to "reset" it but it doesn't seem to work. It would work for the first day and then the second day it'll become shifted and off-centred again. I tend to have dry eyes so I tried eye-drops that moisturize my eyes but that didn't work either.

This is only happening to my left eye, not right. I have both nearsightedness and astigmatism and my left eye is heavier in degrees. (I think the nearsightedness is about 500 ish and the astigmatism is about 250-300, can't remember the exact degrees.)

Anyway. This is really becoming a huge problem for me because right now I think my left eye tires easily because its eyesight is not as good as it can be. What else can I try to make it work other than resetting? Any help or tips or advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Read more: Using ortho-K lenses and my left lens keeps shifting off-centre…help?