Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Should I appeal? (ARMY)?

I've received a letter from the British Army telling me that I am medically ineligible to join - their reason: JSP 950 Part 6 Ch7 Leaflet 4 Annex A. Para 4A.02 (3)

(3) Refractive errors; greater than a total of +6.00 and -6.00 dioptres in any meridian3.

I don't really understand this decision - I can see adequately without my glasses… I'm also in the police force and I've never had a problem with my eye sight… I've decided to get my eyes checked by another optician, because my father has recently switched opticians and found that that his prescription had been incorrectly administered to him (our former optician had given his lenses too strong for his eyes).

What do you think guys? Should I appeal? I really want to serve my country!
Added (1). Forgot to add: When I went to get my eye sight checked up, my optician actually rushed it…

Read more: Should I appeal? (ARMY)?