Thursday, May 22, 2014

Was my doctor being rude and should I trust his judgement?

I went to an eye doctor and I think he was being a jerk. First thing I told him is that when I sat at medium range-far range at school from the board I could see it mostly fine. Then after I failed the eye exam he basically asked me now what do you say about seeing the board fine? I told him that I still saw it mostly fine at school and he just yelled at me and did not trust my judgement, saying "no you do not see it fine at all" when I seriously did and it wasn't too noticeable(my vision problem).

Then he yelled at my dad and I and acted like my dad was depriving me of life and putting me at a disadvantage because I haven't seen the eye doctor in seven years and then he asked me if I saw things up close fine and I said yes and he said "no you do not see them fine there are still some problems!" I have astigmatism btw.

He then showed me basically what my lenses would be and said "THIS IS HOW THE WORLD SHOULD LOOK" and just preached and preached to me about how I think this is how the world looks with my "uncorrected" vision when I should really see like this(with my corrected vision).

Do you people suggest that I stop seeing him and stop trusting his judgement or is he right?

Read more: Was my doctor being rude and should I trust his judgement?