Tuesday, February 4, 2014

How badly have I damaged my eyesight?

I got contacts for the first time about three years ago… They tried to start me on hard contacts, but that just didn't work and I currently wear Air Optix.

When I was first starting, it was a pain getting them in and out, literally and figuratively… It would take upwards of thirty minutes to get them both in, and would burn for two hours when they were in… This tempted me to keep them in for extended periods, even though I knew I shouldn't. I slept in them, and they would be in for thirty days or more straight.

About three months ago, I was short on contacts, down to two pairs. I don't want to get into it, but I had no money. Zero… I could not afford the new exam or new contacts… I've worn the same pair now pretty much since then.

I have an appointment on the 10th for an exam and to get fitted for new contacts (the money is finally there, or I'll pretend it is at least).

How badly do you think I have damaged my eyes using contacts not approved for overnight wear overnight on a continual basis?

I can tell my eyesight is worse than it was when I started wearing contacts.

Читать далее: How badly have I damaged my eyesight?