Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is going with vision insurance best for me?

I'm currently in my 20s and just trying to figure out how to do things on my own and I need help. So I currently don't have vision insurance and I really need an eye exam and new glasses (its been years). I don't have much money at all and I can't get any free services since I still have health insurance. Also my college does not offer vision care.

Well I ran into VSP offering me $14 a month or about $170 for the year. I can get $125 off frames and no charge on getting the lenses made once a year. I would still have to pay a copay for $25 for the frames and $10 or $15 for the eye exam. It sounds good but is it worth it? I ask because if I'm going to drop $170 on insurance couldn't I just use that cost towards the frames? I really don't know that fact that it covers my lenses being made is worth it since I have no idea how much that normally costs. So will it actually be saving me money, minus the face that I could do monthly payments vs. paying it all at once?

Also I heard that VSP doesn't work at places like Walmart so I'm wondering if I'll be spending a lot more at another place were VSP is accepted. Like their glasses are too expensive. I'm not really sure what to do, and I don't want to make a mistake. All I want is to be able to see clearly! Also if it helps I live in Illinois.

Thank you in advance!

Читать далее: Is going with vision insurance best for me?