Friday, January 31, 2014

Confused about my prescription and transposing the Rx?!

I had an eye test because its difficult for me to focus on the board at university when sat far away.

My prescription is:

Right: SPH:-1.0, CYL:+1.25 x 17.0 Left: SPH:-1.25, CYL:+0.75 x 160

I am confused as to what my lens power is on my glasses. I know that this prescription can be transposed so that it becomes: Right: +0.25, -1.25 x 107 and Left: -0.5, -0.75 x 70.

When transposed it seems like the sph makes me near sighted in one eye and far sighted in the other eye. How can this be?

Also, I know this is quite a small prescription but it makes the difference between me being able to read the board and not- so is quite significant to me. Is this a serious prescription, and would you suggest wearing glasses and at what times?

Thank you!

Читать далее: Confused about my prescription and transposing the Rx?!