Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wearing circle lenses for more than 8 hours?

So I'm going to a convention and I need to wear circle lenses with my costume.don't lecture me about it, I've done tons of research about the good and the bad and after all, I'll only be wearing them three days in a row.and maybe a few extra here and there for photos in the costumes.and then a new pair the next year. I've also never worn contacts before but I've researched the circle lenses that people find to be the most comfortable as well, and I know everyone's eyes are different shapes but it's good if there's a wide variety of people who find a particular lens to be comfortable.

SO. Here's my time frame. From what I understand, you should only wear circle lenses for 6 to 8 hours. I'm going to put them in before doing my makeup so I don't risk having excess makeup on my fingers while putting them in. Doing my makeup will take me 30 minutes do an hour depending on how good I get at doing this look. I guess I'll put on my costume first, to save an hour of me not having the contacts in. Then, it will take an 45 minutes to an hour to actually get to the convention from my house. I don't actually know how much time people spend at these things but this is a big one so there's going to be a LOT to do. I'm thinking we'll be there for about 6 to 7 hours.depending on when we get there and how long the events go on. Then it will take us another 45 minutes to an hour to get home.

I just want to make sure I don't wear them for more than 8 hours. I know there are eyedrops that you can get to hydrate your eyes, but that still won't make you able to wear them for more than 8 hours.

IS IT POSSIBLE to take them out for a half an hour or an hour DURING the con and then put them back in? I would make sure to sanitize my hands, wash them, and put contact solution on my fingers… then I would switch out the old contact solution.or even do that at home after I put them in so it will be ready to go. Would this be possible? Is it too unsanitary in a public area even if I do it in a clean place? Would it not count as enough time with them out to wear them for another few hours? I just need to know so I can plan this!

To anyone else who wears circle lenses… how do you do this, how do you make sure you're good for time? Have you ever been to a con with contacts? How do you make sure you don't wear them for too long?

BONUS QUESTION: What kind of solution is the best to get.and hasn't ever had any recalls! Also what are the best rehydrating drops to get for contacts and can I buy them at CVS?

Thanks!

См. статью: Wearing circle lenses for more than 8 hours?