Sunday, March 31, 2013

I want to change my image. Advice?

Hey, I'm 17 years old, and I'm… I'm not happy with my appearance. Yeah, I'm a teenager, so that kind of goes without saying. Now I've always wanted to change myself and lead a happier life for it, but up until now I've never been seriously determined.

I'm really determined now, and I know three key things I want to change about myself: I want to lose weight (to the point where my stomach is flat and I have thighs that don't touch when I sit with my legs too close together), I want to get braces to straighten my (already mostly straight) teeth and I want to get contact lenses. I'm just wondering if you guys think I should focus on one thing at a time or to just jump in the deep end and go for it all at once.

My parents recently asked me if I wanted contact lenses and I told them I'd consider it, so I can easily get that done, but until I lose the weight I'm concerned that the 'no glasses' look won't suit me.

We have a treadmill in the garage so I'm mainly planning to use that (as well as walking to and from the bus stop for college on weekdays which is a 30 minute round trip, and possibly half hour walks on weekends) to lose weight.Is a treadmill going to be enough? I've looked it up and I'm pretty sure that using a treadmill burns fat from all over your body, not just your legs, but could someone confirm that for me?

My little sister is getting braces soon so I think I might ask for them as well, because I really want to get them off as soon as possible, so the earlier I do it, the better, right? My little brother actually only had his braces in for 10 months, which is amazing, but it also makes me think I might not need them for long either, which makes me even more determined.

I don't really know what I'm hoping for here… just some kind, helpful advice, I guess? Thanks. :)

См. статью: I want to change my image. Advice?