Wednesday, April 3, 2013

14mm vs 14.5mm circle lenses?

Okay okay. I know all the stuff about circle lenses. I've been researching them for months, I know the pros and cons and risks and such.and I know that if you take care of them properly and follow the rules then you're generally safe. I would only be wearing these for maybe 3 days in a row (obviously taking them out and not wearing them for over 6 to 8 hours) and a few more times beforehand to get used to wearing them.well my point is that this would NOT be an everyday thing.

So.this is for a costume. I need my eyes to look bigger, and yes, enlarging the iris does make your eyes look bigger, and I know the black ring around a contact can add greatly to the effect. I also need the right color blue.and I found it.however the contacts are only 14mm and I was really hoping to get 14.5mm. What is the size of a normal contact usually? Is it still a circle lens at 14mm?
My eyes are already pretty big… but I need them to look even bigger! Obviously the lenses will be accompanied by makeup and false eyelashes and such.

If this helps.here's my eyes in different lighting.lol the picture is kind of big and scary but oh well

Top: Darker room
Middle: Lighter room
Bottom: Bright sunlight

image

So as you can see.my eyes can look brown from afar in darker lighting. I need my eyes to be a natural kind of blue but not too natural… a lighter blue as well. I think my iris is naturally on the larger size as well… so. I need something that's going to do good! The contacts I want are these:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Venus_Eye_Blue_p/e32-venus-eye-blue.htm
(there are links to pictures of real people wearing them below the model picture)

So will these contacts give a good enough enlarging effect or should I go for 14.5mm? Is there anything else I should know? Any info would be great! Thanks!
Added (1). Is an eyebrow an okay reference point? Lol.
image

Also.what would cause the contact to fold? If I have larger eyes, will they fit better than they would if I had smaller eyes? And if they're more likely to fold at 14.5mm.how is it that a lot of people can wear 15mm? I'm caucasian.like part italian, german, and irish. Apparently I have big german eyes.not blue, just the shape? I don't know if that helps at all.

As for the curve.it seems like a lot of them are 8.6mm? How do I know if a contact fits or not when I put it on?

См. статью: 14mm vs 14.5mm circle lenses?