Thursday, April 4, 2013

Patanol eyedrops and contact lenses?

Okay so I looked it up because I was curious. I use Patanol eyedrops in the spring because when the oaks bloom the pollen really bothers my eyes. I'm getting circle lenses for an event that I'm going to in May. Don't worry, I've researched and am researching them and it's just for this one thing.

I've read that Patanol has a preservative in it that is bad if you're wearing contacts and so basically you're not supposed to use it with contacts. BUT what I'm not clear on is if you're just not supposed to put them in while wearing contacts OR if you're not supposed to use contacts for the period of time that you're on the eyedrops. Does anyone know this? This obviously applies to any sort of contact lens and not just circle lenses.

So the oaks bother me basically for the month of May. I live in an oak forest (go figure) but I avoid going outdoors and having open windows during that time. Little by little, year by year, my allergy has gotten a little bit better.especially if I don't rub my eyes.SO if the rule is you're not supposed to use contacts at all over the period of time that you're using the eyedrops.if I were to stop them a week before using the contacts.and resume them once I'm done using them.would that be alright? The place I'm wearing the contacts is in the city.so there's really no oak pollen at all there.so I don't think I'd have a problem not using them.and who knows.maybe I won't even need them that much this year anyways.

Any info on this would be great! Thanks!

См. статью: Patanol eyedrops and contact lenses?