Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tesco opticians.do they try to con me? I think so.?

I've had a visit at Tesco optician and I'm trying to get contact lenses. Ive been using contacts before, so I didn't need any lessons, how to wear them..When the measurements were taken, the optician told me about which contacts I can wear and their prices, so she ordered me a first trial pair of contacts for free. I said to my optician (at very beginning) I will not buy any contacts from them… just need the the contact lenses prescription (because I know that they wants to catch customer into trap). When my trial contacts arrived I came for next visit to fit them… When I put them I noticed that one of the lens is too big, I was feeling when the lens was moving in my eye and was scratching… I told the optician about it once I just put them in… but the optician said its normal and I have to used to it, and this is probably caused by my astigmatism or I have an infection in the eye… she checked my eye again and said that she doesn't see anything wrong and doesn't see any moves of contact lens in my eye, also my vision was good with these contacts, It was only uncomfortable for my one eye. She advised me to wear these trial pair for 2 weeks and booked next visit for me. Ok. I don't trust anyone, so when I came back home I did a research on the internet and found answer and proof that my optician lied to me. I shouldn't feel my contact lenses at all, and if I feel anything wrong I shouldn't wear them, because I can damage my eye..If the contact lens scratching the eye it can be caused by wrong size… every eye is different and thats why opticians measure eyes and order proper size of lenses… at the end of the day my eye was quite red, so I removed them, but I wanted to make an experiment… I put contact lens from my other eye (where the lens was comfortable) and I put to the eye were the contact was wrong… I just swap them and I noticed that the wrong lens scratching even my other eye, when the previous eye was feeling ok with that right lens… so I had proof that it wasn't infection..I printed out some pages of the websites where I found the right information, I didn't wait for another visit and I didn't want to wear wrong contacts, so at the same day I went to the same optician to resolve my problem, but I wanted to speak with supervisor, if they have such a unprofessional staff… The supervisor wasn't available, but the one of the staff told me when he will be available, and advised me not to wear these contacts, because it can damage my eye… So I had hope that everything will be resolved very easily… hmmm..I was wrong… because all opticians at that Tesco keep together, so they knew already that I will come with complains, and the were prepared! When I came to speak with supervisor I was waiting about 30 minutes, because they were so busy, I've been told by secretary that supervisor should come soon… ok… finally the young lady came to me and asked me what can she help me, I said I want to make a complain about unprofessional service… she replied very quickly, that she is not really supervisor and they don't have any, but she can of course speak with me about my problem… so I explained her that I'm not happy with my last visit, because I shouldn't be allowed to wear these contacts and new measurements should be taken… I was very surprised with the answer what I got! She tried to explain me that I'm wrong, and I have to give time and get used to contacts, it can't be wrong size, because it it could, the lens could be lost somewhere behind my eye, she told me that optician can't order custom made contacts, she explained that they have only limit of some sizes and they just choose which size will fit my eyes, she also told me I can have infection in my eye so I shouldn't wear any contacts then… when I said about swapping my contacts, she tried to explain that because my other lens is bigger because I have astigmatism… (Ive been wearing contacts before and had astigmatism even before but didn't feel contacts at all and was happy to wear them) she also told me, I shouldn't come with complain, because this is no one's fault, and if I feel the lens is scratching my its normal and I shouldn't be afraid to wear them, they will not damage my eye…
Added (1). … She said I have to trust optician, because they will take care of me. She took me for quick check and said everything was fine with my eyes (I wear gasses all the time) she checked also which contacts I had and said they probably weren't comfortable because it was cheaper version (for £20) and she will order another trial pair but more expensive (for £30-£40) and they should be ok, and I shouldn't feel them, and if I'll be happy with them I can buy them..(I forgot to mention, if I'll get prescription and will be happy with proper contacts I have to buy just these kind o lenses).so she ordered another trial pair of contacts, and I have another appointment for that.
Added (2). Yes, I'm paranoid.because if it is about my eyes I have right to be sure and comfortable! I don't wanna loose my vision just because of someones fault…
Added (3). I wrote this because I want to speak with someone… a lot of people can't fight about their rights and agree what someone behind desk says… if someone do health service doesn't mean he is right with everything… I had so much experience with con men… who care only about money!
Added (4). Is anyone who can share own experience here?
Added (5). Ok… I will try from other side… can anyone advise me which optical company is good? except Tesco and specsavers? which don't care only about money?

См. статью: Tesco opticians.do they try to con me? I think so.?