Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Are standard lenses okay with my eye glass RX?

I've only ever gotten the polycarbonate lenses before, but I'm trying to cut costs. I plan on ordering full rimmed, plastic frames and wondering if it's okay to go with standard lenses this time? Will they be too thick to wear, or too uneven (One eye needs a stronger lens than the other)?
My RX:
OD Sph -3.75 Cyl None Axis None
OS Sph -1.25 Cyl -0.75 Axis 145

For those of you who may say just get the thinner polycarbonate lenses, they're only a few bucks more, the reason why I'm wondering if I can skip doing that, is because I'm on a strict budget at this time and I've learned that $5 here, $10 there doesn't seem like much, but it adds up super fast. Cutting back on the little odds and ends has actually saved me several hundred dollars, so that's why I'm being cautious with my money. Thanks in advance for replies!

Read more: Are standard lenses okay with my eye glass RX?