Sunday, August 3, 2014

Contact lenses and eye mucus?

Okay so, I opened a new pack of contact lenses this morning and put them in. But the one in my right eye burned when it made contact with my eye. Wtf right? Anyway, I stuck it after a couple of minutes, not thinking anything of it, my eye was a bit dry/itchy to the right hand corner. Again, thought nothing of it.

So I do my shift at work and at half 5 (about 9 hours after putting the contact in), it feels like something slipped in my eye and my vision goes misty. I check it out in the bathroom and it's mucus, white in colour, possibly a bit yellow/green. 4 hours later, there's mucus in my eye again, though not as much as the first time.

Is this anything I should worry about? Or will my eye sort itself out reasonably quickly?

Read more: Contact lenses and eye mucus?