Thursday, August 7, 2014

How much are used Chanel sunglasses worth?

I used to work at the Sunglass Hut, and every year you worked there you would get a $500 gift certificate to spend on a pair of sunglasses. I ended up with a pair of black polarized Chanel shades model 5183. This was just about 3 years ago. I obviously wore the sunglasses but they never really felt like my style. They are in good condition, there are some superficial scratches on the lenses and frame. Nothing that affects vision or is visible without holding them right up to your eyes. I still have the case and the sleeve, however the authenticity card is long gone. Stolen by my 7 year old to use as a "credit card" with her Barbie cash register. I do still have the Luxottica warranty slip, which probably doesn't matter seeing that the warranty is long expired but it does show some proof of legitimacy. I feel like that plus the words "Chanel" are etched into the lenses. Due to me not wearing them in a year, and the fact that my husband just got out of the Air Force a few months ago and is having a really hard time finding a job and we need some money I want to sell them. When I purchased, and I say purchased because I have to work my *** off to earn them, they were $480. So my question is what do you think I could resell them for today to a stranger on say E-bay or Craigslist? How about an acquaintance that I've only ever really spoken to about business? I've looked all over the internet and can't really come up with anything so any opinions would be fantastic! Thanks!

Read more: How much are used Chanel sunglasses worth?