Monday, August 4, 2014

Is my cousin jealous of me?

I'm 9 months older than my cousin, I'm the closest to her age out of the cousins. Were both interested in makeup, hair and fashion. 3 years ago we used to be really close, we used to share everything with eachother. She used to compliment me in the past and look up to me.

Later she insisted we should have our own makeup and hair competitions where we attempt a certain look and ask our relatives who looked better, I just agreed thinking it was for fun. All of a sudden she stopped giving compliments to me only to everyone else when they made an effort in gatherings, she started criticising me in front of people e.g."Your eyebrows look obviously penciled"&"You look oily"&she distanced herself from me,(she stopped talking to me outside of gathering and gives me short answers).

Recently we were watching a parody Youtube video, she said once I looked like the person of the video below, I didn't react so she kept repeating it until I seemed offended. Is my cousin jealous of me - 1
This week she saw this girl on Google Images, she said "Eww" after looking at her picture, straight after that she says "she looks like you".
She gives my other relatives good and detailed advice, but gives me the opposite.
Update: For example there's a wedding of our close cousin coming up. Me and my sister WhatsApped her. To my sister she says "you're wearing contact lenses?You're already pretty but you'll definitely look stunning,wear hazel green, it'll look like its your real e
Added (1). eyes". To me she says "Wear dark green, you'll look nice. But hazel green would suite your sister".

How should I deal with my cousin and her snide remarks? The next time I'm going to see her is 3 weeks time in our other cousin's wedding. This is really bothering me. She keeps pointing out my flaws. And she is seriously making me feel insecure about myself. Its driving me insane

Read more: Is my cousin jealous of me?