Sunday, April 7, 2013

Why can't I see out of my one contact?

Hi all, so I wear Air Optix Night and Day contacts every day (not at night). I am supposed to change them monthly, and recently I did so. The left one was totally fine, however, I couldn't see very well out of the right one (it was blurry, things not in focus, etc.).So I kept wearing the old one, thinking I would deal with it later. I tried putting the new one in a few more times, all to no avail - still blurry.So today I decided to open up another new contact and try wearing that. Same problem. Things are still blurry and out of focus (not to a large degree, but enough that I notice it when looking at something and it gives me a headache). What is the problem here? What are the chances of getting two bad contacts in a row? Obviously my sight hasn't changed because I can still see out of the old contact. But I can't keep using it forever… I am not in my home country so I can't go to the eye doctor (nor would I, I don't need to pay $100 for him to watch me put in my contacts). What do you think the problem is? I do have more contacts I could try, but I do have a limited supply (as I've said, I am in a foreign country), and it's not like these things are sticks of gum that I can just go to the convenience store and stock up on for $5.
Added (1). Checked the prescription on the box and the prescription on each individual contact, both are correct. Tried flipping the contacts around in my eye, no effect. :/ Is there a way to tell on the contact itself if there is a problem? There are those numbers and words written on the contact if you look closely, do they actually mean anything? Also, if the contacts are bad, how do I tell my eye doctor about it so I can get a refund? Do I save the contacts? Or just the wrappers they come in? How can they prove it even?

См. статью: Why can't I see out of my one contact?