Tuesday, April 9, 2013

How to persuade my parents to let me join an acting agency?

Right this is going to be long… brace yourself!

I've always love acting, singing and dancing, and did classes in all those things from when I was 4. When i was about 10 I joined an agency. I got loads of auditions, we were literally going to London and back every weekend (we live 20 mins from kings cross) but I never got a big job. I only did a few things like adverts and chorus in touring musicals when they were in my area.

By the time I started year 7 in 2011, I did singing lessons three times a week, drama lessons three times a week, ballet lessons 3 times a week, tap two times, jazz once, modern once and hip hop twice a week. And on top of that we were travelling to London almost every week for auditions. Obviously this took up a lot of my parents time and money.In May 2011 I dropped one of each class, meaning I stopped jazz and modern completely.

By the end of year 7 I had stopped everything except one drama lesson a week. I had to quit my agency because of the time taken every single weekend travelling to and from London, and even though I had been at the agency for two years I hadn't got anything bigger than extras in a commercial.

Now I am in year 8, and i'm finding my lack of activity boring as I'm so used to a busy life, doing nothing at the weekends isn't very fun. I really really want to join my agency again, and now I'm old enough to get a train to London by myself I can go to auditions by myself. However, I wear glasses and I need braces but I can't get train tracks yet anyway as I still have 5 baby teeth.

When I ask my mum if I can get contact lenses (one step closer to the agency) she says "We need to sort out the braces thing first" which means I can't for about 2 years as my teeth have to fall out, then I can get train tracks which have to stay on for about 18 months.

What do you think about all this??? Sorry its soooo long xxx

См. статью: How to persuade my parents to let me join an acting agency?