Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Struggling to wear contact lenses?

Well, I just start trying to wear my contact lenses for the first time, but so far I'm failing miserably. First off, my eyes are smaller than the average person since I'm Asian which makes wearing them very difficult for me.To add insult to the injury, every time I tried to put them in, they either:

1. Cling to my finger like glue
2. Touch my eyelashes which triggers an involuntary blinking reflex
3. Deform in shape
4. Stick to my eye, which triggers an excruciating burning sensation, then fall right off.

I have tried this for around 120 minutes straight and failed at all but one attempt. I'm seriously frustrated and considering of giving up.

Also, I've tried all techniques available on the internet but so far all have failed. Right now my eyes are tearing up like crazy and is starting to redden for some reason. Also, veins are starting to become visible around my eye and I feel a mild consistent throbbing pain from the extreme irritation of trying to wear it probably 300 - 350 times.

Maybe contact lenses just isn't for me or maybe I just suck too much.

Any opinions or tips before I give up?
Added (1). Update: Never gonna wear them ever again in my life. Getting them out was 100000 times more difficult and did I mentioned scratching my left eye and sensing impending doom when I thought I will never be able to get them out? Wasted almost 4 hours. Contact lens suck.

I also think I might suffer from chronic eye pain starting from today.

См. статью: Struggling to wear contact lenses?