Thursday, August 21, 2014

Enlarged veins behind pupils? Vision loss and irritation?

A few years ago when I was 18/19 I went to the eye doctor for a check up and to get colored contacts. During dilation the doctor said I had enlarged nerves (optic nerves I think he said) and that I will start losing vision in my late 30's/early 40's. I know everyone's vision gets worse as they age. I'm 23 now and haven't been since. I have always suffered from light sensitivity, headaches/migraines, nausea, or eye strain when looking all the way to the corners of my eyes. I am concerned because I work in web development/animation and my eyes have been glued to a screen majority of the day for most of my life. I just don't know what affect this can cause and if there is any options I should take?

BTW I am very thin (101lbs) and do not have high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. I do suffer from acid reflex and some mental illnesses but the only tumor I've had was a breast tumor that was benign. Thanks.
Added (1). Update: I meant nerves in the question, not veins. Also I have 20/20 vision now.

Read more: Enlarged veins behind pupils? Vision loss and irritation?