Sunday, August 17, 2014

Contact lens concern. Maybe I'm paranoid?

New contact lens wearer here. I haven't worn them in two days because my eyes were bothering me. Itchy, red, just kind of annoyed. I've been having other allergy symptoms too. Gunky lungs, alternations between runny nose and stuffed up nose, and major, MAJOR sinus pressure and headaches (I've had one for three days actually -_-). I don't normally get such bad seasonal allergies this time of year, and not normally with such bad eye symptoms, but we've been doing a remodel at work and I've been exposed to two things that kill me: dust and mold. So I'm not really surprised.

Anyway yesterday I got my new contacts in the mail, so I went to put my contacts in after works, and surprise, I had a redder patch on my eye going from the iris to the interior corner, so I thought better of putting contacts in. I was a little concerned, but I'd been having allergies, and a stabby eyelash I discovered.

Well today I woke up and the red patch was gone, the itchiness was gone, though the sinus pressure remains much to my annoyance; it's always the longest symptom. So I put in my contacts. My eyes feel completely fine other than the sinus pressure and headache that still won't abate. But I feel like the veins in my eyes are just super noticeable. My eyes aren't red, it's the veins that are always visible… Just, I don't know, more visible?

I currently have no itchiness, no pain, no discharge (and never had the last two). Should I be concerned at all? I'm paranoid about infection.

Read more: Contact lens concern. Maybe I'm paranoid?