Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cheap solutions for 12 dob?

I'm heading out tonight to get a 12" lightbridge, and was wondering a few things:

1.) Any cheap and easy ways to make a lightshroud? (I'm sure I can figure this out, but wondering if anybody has suggestions for materials.

2.) Mirror cleaning. I've never had a reflector, and am not sure how to clean the mirror appropriately when needed (I am told to only do so maybe once or twice a year), what solutions are useful, etc?

3.) Mirror protection. Any materials suggested for covering the primary mirror and the secondary mirror housing? I'm thinking it might not be the greatest idea to directly cover the primary, as I assume moisture can get trapped in there.

4.) Cheap/easy solutions for a dew shield?

Any other suggestions for a first time dobsonian owner would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Added (1). Also, I have tons of microfiber cloth, I assume this would come in handy when it comes to mirror care, correct?

Read more: Cheap solutions for 12 dob?