Saturday, August 2, 2014

ANYONE WHO IS/BUYS CRUELTY FREE Please - Contact lenses?

Please read the whole description of this before answering.
I want some opinions from people who choose not to support companies that are not cruelty free. Of course, opinions from everyone are welcome, as long as they're logical.

I have pretty bad eyesight and have been wearing glasses for years, but really want contact lenses as glasses still, after all this time, are uncomfortable and annoying for me, and I can't seem to be able to put up with them. I have been thinking about getting contact lenses for the longest time, but I'm aware that there are no brands that produce contact lenses, that are also cruelty free. I have found one, pretty sketchy (daysoft? Something) website of a brand that doesn't test on animals, but I would only feel comfortable ordering and buying contacts from/at my opticians. Not online.

I wanted your opinion on this;
If you're cruelty free, and really badly wanted contact lenses, would you purchase them even if the company tested on animals?

I ask because I don't want to support a company that tests on animals, so the answer I can guess will be no from most if not all of you.
** It's just that I know that medical stuff has to be tested on animals before human use (which is stupid and unnecessary, we all know).
Medicine you are given by your doctors for even the common cold will have been tested on animals, because all drugs have to be. Yet you still wouldn't deny that if you were sick.
Therefore, I wanted your opinions on this.

Read more: ANYONE WHO IS/BUYS CRUELTY FREE Please - Contact lenses?