Monday, July 28, 2014

Should my contact lenses feel like this?

Okay so I recently got contact lenses. I've been wearing glasses for about 2 years now. I put my contact lenses in for the first time a few minutes ago (with a lot of difficulty) and now it feels like I have something stuck in my eye. Like the feeling you get when an eyelash or some make up gets in your eye. Is that normal?

Also, I have nearsightedness (which basically means I can't see things that are far away). But now with these contacts in, things nearby (eg my phone or a book) look kind of blurry and weird as if my eyes are watering (even though they're not).

Is this a permanent thing or are my eyes just adjusting. Is there anything I can do?

If it helps I'm wearing soft lenses that need to be changed monthly:)

Read more: Should my contact lenses feel like this?