Wednesday, July 30, 2014

How are toric lenses weighted? What material are they made out of?

Hi! I've recently taken an interest in how contacts work to correct vision. I was reading about different lenses and what they correct when I came across toric ones. I understand what they correct and how (at least, a beginners understanding so far) but how would you weight a contact lens? Is the material thicker at the bottom? Also, what material are they made out of and what material could be added in a non professional setting to weight lenses that would not irritate the eyes? (That last part is hypothetical… I'm not crazy or stupid and I won't be putting anything in my eyes at all as I actually like my glasses. I also wouldn't put my sight at risk like that.)

If anyone can answer these questions, I'd be really grateful.

Thanks in advance! :)

Read more: How are toric lenses weighted? What material are they made out of?