Monday, July 28, 2014

Glasses, specifically lenses?

I am heading to the store tomorrow to purchase glasses (long overdue). I can't remember off the top of my head, but my script is either -2.5/+1.5 or +2.5/-1.5 (I really think it is the first). Basically, I want a little 'lens' advice, from my fellow freaks (or anyone who is familiar with a similar script difference). It is my intention to purchase both sunglasses and regular glasses. My project for tomorrow is sunglasses.

So basically, what do you recommend?

I get headaches from my prescription. My eyes are also highly sensitive to light. I don't drive frequently (work is 1/10 of a mile). These sunglasses would be primarily for driving (regular sunglasses most of the time).

Do I go for the more expensive lens? What about for regular glasses? I've had glasses with a lesser script before. One with the regular lens and one with the thin lens (I have never tried 'ultra thin', but I think those are out of my price range for sure). They both looked silly because of the way they are designed.

I was thinking I would do the regular for my sunglasses and try the thin for my regular glasses. Or do they thin one lens, perhaps that would look better? I wonder if there is a way to disguise the differences…

Any suggestions for people who have similar problems? What has worked for you?

Thank you in advance!

Read more: Glasses, specifically lenses?