Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Axis in new contact lenses?

I'm currently living in Japan, and I went in an eye glass and contact lenses shop to have my prescription updated.

New Prescription:
Right Eye: Pwr: -6.50, Cyl: -1.75, AXIS: 180
Left Eye: Pwr: -7.00, Cyl: 1.25, AXIS: 180

Old Prescription:
Right Eye: Pwr: -5.50, Cyl: 1.25, AXIS 160
Left Eye: Pwr: -6.50, Cyl: 1.25, AXIS: 030

There is a huge difference in the axis between my old and new prescription, when I asked about it, while picking up my lenses, they said it didn't matter, is that true?

And frankly my new lenses are a little uncomfortable and go blurry and have to readjust if I move my eyes or blink, is that do to the axis?
Added (1). I've been wearing Glasses at the new pwr for several months, but I only recently got my contacts updated.

Read more: Axis in new contact lenses?