Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Seeing double with glasses (myopia)?

A bit of my background, I'm a 17 year old student who has been wearing glasses since the age of 12 after getting myopia. Over the years, it is getting worse rapidly, which is no surprise for someone of my age. However, I was shocked after finding out from my optometrist that my dioptre had went from -1.50 and -1.75 to -2.25 to -2.75 in LESS than a year. But what I've noticed is that my eyes can't concentrate on the white board at school as well as I used to with my old glasses. I'm starting to see double. To be more specific, the images both my eyes generates are merging together at the centre, especially when I'm reading words on the board, and I often need to give myself time to work it out or concentrate till my vision goes back to normal. The same thing happens with contact lenses. It sucks so bad because I can't watch movies at the cinemas or even concentrate on my school work. I'm going to University next year, so definitely can't get Lasik even if I wanted to… I just need answers as to whether this is due to the glasses or that there's really something wrong with my eyes:(

Read more: Seeing double with glasses (myopia)?