Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Should I get transition lenses or contacts?

I've been wearing prescription glasses for a year now and I'm going on a 3-week summer camp this June/July and I'm planning to get transition lenses to protect my eyes from the sun. Are they worth it? How much do they cost? I have insurance, but we only get free glasses/check up every 2 years and I really need it by June. Although I've been meaning to change my frame. Should I get prescription sunglasses instead? Or contact lenses AND regular sunglasses? Also, I'm going to swim a lot this summer, so I guess getting contact lenses (while wearing swimming goggles) might be a better idea? Suggestions?
Added (1). If this helps:

P.S. I live in New York City, but going to summer camp in Maine and also spending 4-weeks in the Philippines, Singapore and Hong Kong (so basically Southeast Asia)
Added (2). Would wearing contacts in extremely humid and polluted cities be a problem? (especially in the Philippines?)

Read more: Should I get transition lenses or contacts?