Monday, July 21, 2014

Contacts feel uncomfortable and itchy. What should I do?

So for the begging of the story, I got contacts about 6 months a go and the brand I had was Acuvue 2. I told my doctor that I was experiencing discomfort with the contacts and my doctor said the contacts fit perfectly in my eye and he doesn't know why my eyes would feel uncomfortable. Instead, he "upgraded" my contacts to the best possible brand he said and that brand is Air Optix Night and Day Aqua. With both brands of contacts, as soon as I put my lenses in I experience discomfort that only gets worse as time passes. I recently went back explaining to my doctor that the Air Optix are very uncomfortable for my eyes as well so he told me to use Systane Drops for Contacts. I tried using these drops and it barely helps! I never have dry eyes without contacts btw. My doctor said if that doesn't work, I might not be fit for contacts. I know it's not the solution or anything because it happens even with new pairs of lenses. I always wash my hands thoroughly before I put in my contacts BTW. I just need some suggestions on what to do or any possible solutions to my problem. I hate wearing glasses and I want to continue using contacts without the annoying discomfort problems. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! If you need me to provide any additional detail please let me know I really want to fix this problem.

Read more: Contacts feel uncomfortable and itchy. What should I do?