Monday, July 21, 2014

How accurate must a cosplay be?

I'm cosplaying Daenerys Targaryen for my first con. However, my costume is not based on any of hers off the showâ€"it's more an interpretation of something she might wear, mainly as I don't have the money / want to replicate something straight from the show. So many people have done that before.
Here's a photo of the costume, minus the wig / contacts / shoes / makeup:
I'm basing her also more of the book version of her character, by wearing purple contact lenses as opposed to blue. I also think I can get away with wearing my "different" outfit as with the wig etc., I think I'll look distinctly like her.
Here is the character I'm cosplaying if you don't know her: http://s75.photobucket.com/user/hot_chocolate_blonde/media/0c185072-1353-4ee5-93e7-37a063d7661e_zpsd9cc761f.jpg.html
I don't want people to be rude to me at the con for not being an "accurate" cosplayer though and want some opinions! I know the community can be a bit tough.

Read more: How accurate must a cosplay be?