Saturday, July 26, 2014

What the heck is wrong with my eyes? Infection?

On July 11th I noticed that my right pupil way way bigger than my left pupil and felt weird- no itching, no burning, no mucus, no redness- but it felt almost as though my eyeball had swollen. So, to be on the safe side, I went to an urgent care center and they prescribed besivance eye drops. Typically it's used for treating pink eye. I used for an entire week as directed plus an extra two days to be certain and felt very good by the end of it. I waited until the 24th to put my new contact lenses in and bought all new eye makeup, except for eye shadow. My doctor told me that it should be fine, since it wasn't actually in my eye or extremely close to any ducts. Well, I am now at the beach. I wore them all day on the 24th, taking them out to sleep of course. I woke up today with completely bloodshot eyes that feel super swollen but are not itchy, watery, or burning. There's no mucus either. Plus, my pupils are the same size. What could this be? I'm going on another vacation for my birthday in a few days and I would be incredibly frustrated if I had to keep going eye makeup free and wear my big chunky glasses! Help!

Read more: What the heck is wrong with my eyes? Infection?