Saturday, April 26, 2014

Why does my contact lens keep popping out when I try to put it? First time contact lens wearer?


Hello. I got my first soft contact lenses earlier this month. Mine's the extended wear which can be used up to a year. The first time I tried it myself was a day later, and it was a success. Today was the second time. I was nervous so I keep cleaning the lens over after each failed trials with solution. Finally, I was able to put it in my eyes, but it looks like there was a liquid, probably a solution or just liquid from my eye between the contact lens and the eye.

It also looked like it would fold (there were a few times it folded and popped out) I already tried not blinking for a few seconds so it wouldn't pop out. I tried more or less 7 times but it still did the same (wherein the contact lens looked like it was about to fold and it looked like there's liquid between the contact lens and the eye). It's like it has a bubble (but it was a bit straight, the "bump"). I also tried "smoothing out" the surface, as in trying to remove the liquid between the contact lens and eyes, but it didn't work out because when I blinked after, it popped.
Also, when I touched it the first time today, it seems as if it got thinner, I don't know, it could just be me. I haven't opened it after my first time use around 18 days ago. I thought it got thinner because it was in the solution for quite some time. I don't know if this is possible. Now on my left eye on which I tried my contact lens, it felt as if it has something stuck. But I know that the contact lens is now in my case when I took it

Read more: Why does my contact lens keep popping out when I try to put it? First time contact lens wearer?