Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Did my eye script change alot and what lens material should I now choose?


back in 2010 my script was,
OD: sph -4.00, Cyl -2.75, axis 20
OS: sph -4.75, cyl -3.00, axis 163
with pd of 65 total

yesterday I went to lenscrafters and they gave me:
"doctors handwriting is sloppy"
OD: sph -400, Cyl -250, Axis 016 add+1
OS: Sph: -450, Cyl -300, Axis 160 add+1

they didn't take any pd measurement

So did it change a lot or did he forget to write decimals? Or is the top one wrong and there shouldn't be decimals?

I ordered these frames on my own because lenscrafters only carries the 53mm size, that were a smidge too small and I wanted 55-17-150
http://www.ray-ban.com/usa/eyeglasses/RX6238-rb6238-black/713132447505

Now I'm getting ready to order my lenses and I'm pricing them out, from least expensive to most expensive, Trivex, High Index 1.67 and High Index 1.74

What would you suggest for my astigmatism? The eye doctor said I should get premium AR coating to help with glare, I'm worried about smudges, scratches and having my face distorted when looking at me through the lenses etc.

anyways the hi-index 1.74 automatically comes with premium AR included at the place I'm shopping and is only about $20 more than picking hi-index 1.67 with the addition upcharge premium AR.

Do you think I even need it?
Added (1). thank you Footprintz, do you think Single Vision High Index 1.67 Transitions XTRActive Lenses would be a good choice, Pros: gets extra dark, works in car, won't need to carry around 2 pairs of glasses. Cons: they say they never get totally clear and are always a little tinted? That would look weird in the office.

Read more: Did my eye script change alot and what lens material should I now choose?