Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What should I do first to become an airline pilot?

I am lost as to what I want to do for a career. It's so hard to find a job that pays well too. Becoming a pilot is sort of this dream of mine in the back of my mind. I have some questions:

1. I'm 23 years old. Is it too late in my life to pursue this?

2. I have about 20/40 vision in each eye with corrective lenses. Is that vision even good enough?

3. Do you really need a college degree to be considered for a major airline? I have some college credits toward a BA in Psychology. Would I have to go back and finish my degree first?

4. The cost worries me. My current job pays only $10 an hour, and I live alone. How will I be able to support myself, college, and all the flight training on $10 an hour? I don't want to get into deep debt.

5. Do I have to join the military to be competitive? I don't really have a "military" type personality.

6. What is the job really like? Be very honest.

7. How feasible is this career path? I've heard of pilots making 250K and up. How long does it take to get to that point?

Читать далее: What should I do first to become an airline pilot?