Sunday, February 9, 2014

Contacts are always dry when I take them out?

I wear my contacts around eight hours a day. They are disposable and are meant to be worn for two weeks then thrown away. This is the first week I have ever worn them and I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

When I wear them, I don't notice them at all. They are fairly easy to take out, it takes a few tries but I can always get them, and I'm getting the hang of it. I usually take them out by sliding them down then pinching the contact.

When I take them off, I 'clean' them by rubbing in solution then rinsing with solution, then put them in the case with fresh solution.

When I put them on, all I do is scoop them out of the solution and put them on my eye, then dump the remaining solution and let the case air dry all day.

Anyway, when I take them out, it is slightly uncomfortable, because they 'stick' to my eye. It feels a bit dry and like they're suction cupped to my eye (even when I slide them down, there's a bit of suction) and it's a little bit hard to remove.

They are soft lenses and I think they're Acuvue. They are for astigmatism and farsighted prescription.

Is this normal?

(I'm going to ask my eye doctor about eye drops when I go for the follow up, but I don't fancy putting in eye drops every time I take out the contacts)

Читать далее: Contacts are always dry when I take them out?