Monday, July 8, 2013

Dry eyes and continued burning after removal of contact lenses?

I have been diagnosed with dry eyes at the age of 48. I wear monovision contact lenses during the day at work - it starts okay but my comfort level deteriorates during the day and at the end I find my near vision is blurred and my eyes feel dry. I am using a number of eye drops to alleviate the problem. I suppose that the contacts are making the problem worse as my eyes can still feel uncomfortable at the end of a work day even if I haven't worn my contacts. I'm now finding I have to manage my contacts wearing activities so that I am able to tolerate them for social and other occasions which is extremely frustrating. Apart from drops, drinking lots of water and taking fish oil supplements - all of which I do - is there anything else, short of lasik eye surgery, that I can do?
Added (1). Yes I use a computer/work in an a/c office which I understand doesn't help. I've been back to my optometrist several times, tried different lenses and solutions.

См. статью: Dry eyes and continued burning after removal of contact lenses?