Wednesday, June 19, 2013

With these eye exam results, should I get glasses?

While getting a physical exam, my doctor recommended getting an eye exam (right eye 20/50, left eye 20/30). The optometrist wrote a prescription that has this information on it:
Right; Sphere: -0.50, Cylinder: -0.5, Axis: 125
Left; Sphere -0.5, Cylinder: -0.25, Axis: 025
Also marked: Anti-reflective coating, polycarb lenses, with diagnosis codes myopia and astigmatism.
I have no symptoms to speak of, but would like to maintain good eyesight.At the same time, I don't want to buy glasses I do not need, and (though I'm not sure if this really happens or not) I don't want my eyes to "become dependent" on glasses since they are okay now, without them.
Will getting glasses or not have any impact on my eyesight/health?

См. статью: With these eye exam results, should I get glasses?