Monday, June 17, 2013

Contact lenses blurry at long distances. Optometrists Baffled?

Background Info:

I wear glasses, sport glasses(oakley for baseball) and contact lenses.
I have worn contacts for three years now. When I first started my vision was only slightly off so i wore dailies for sport, they then progressed to a worse prescription and found it more economical to try 2 week lenses. I wore these two types for 2 years without any problems.no discomfort, perfect vision.

While wearing my contacts I started to notice they would be uncomfortable and the vision would go blurry every now and then in both eyes.this continued for around 8 months.It got so bad my eyes were bloodshot and my contacts would no longer give me good vision. I then went into the optometrist who gave me ALREX eye drops because i had superficial punctate keratitis.this diagnosis was brought on by "allergies" a snowball effect of pollen in the air and use of contact lenses. After the treatment of these eye drops i tried several different contact lenses.the 2 week ones were very uncomfortable and burned.the daily ones felt perfectly fine… The doctor then came to th conclusion i was either allergic to the solution or the "silicon" in the Silicon Hydro gel… These daily contacts felt kind of ok but not the best…

Now:

When i wear contacts there is minor discomfort for the first 20 minutes (i guess expected) then after that they feel perfectly fine. BUT when i look at long distances my vision is blurry, i then can grab my eyelid and pull down and rub my eye and my vision will be fine again, after blinking several times, my vision is blurry again and i have to repeat this process several times a minute!

Two different optometrists have told me the contacts fit my eye fine and do not move around.So i am unsure what the problem is, I have tried washing the contact lenses with many different solutions before putting the lenses in my eye just in case its the solution.

The daily contacts I use: 1-day ACUVUE moist, johnson and johnson

Prescription is -2 in both eyes, this problem occurs in BOTH eyes.

I hope to god someone can help me because i need contact lenses.my glasses have the same prescription and so do my sport glasses and i have PERFECT vision with those two.

HELP!!!

См. статью: Contact lenses blurry at long distances. Optometrists Baffled?