Sunday, June 16, 2013

Legally blind in one eye, driving restrictions in Ohio?

I'm legally blind in my left eye since birth and am wondering what, if any, special requirements I will have once I get a driver's license. I live in Ohio and they let me test for and obtain a permit and the officer acted like it was no big deal when I told him I actually forgot I was legally blind in that eye taking the eye exam because it doesn't affect me much at all. I wear glasses but the left lens is plain glass because that eye is beyond help. Basically my question is this: What will my special requirements be, if any, as a legal driver who is legally blind in one eye in Ohio? Will I need to have my car fitted with an extra long rearview mirror as I've heard of in other states? Will I need to retake the eye exam more often? Will I have to take the whole driver's test when I renew my license?

См. статью: Legally blind in one eye, driving restrictions in Ohio?