Friday, May 24, 2013

Is the Marine vision Requirement with or without glasses?

Hi, i really want to becoma a marine when i graduate highschool in 2 years. I have everything perfect to join such as grades, no criminal record, no drugs, no asthma. The only thing that could hold me back is i have amblyopia in my right eye (A.K.A Lazy Eye).My eye has not turned lazy though.My left eye is 20/20, but my right eye is pretty bad and i have glasses for it. I need to go to the eye doctor soon for a stronger pair since this is my first time ever getting glasses and my eye has adjusted so i need a new prescription.
I have pasted the Marine eye vision requirements below that affect me. I would classify as #3 Out of the 3 requirements the Marines have because my left eye is 20/20 and my right is bad.My question is for #3 that since my left eye (good eye) is 20/20 and my right eye is pretty bad. DOES THIS CHART STATE THAT MY EYES HAVE TO BE CORRECTED TO 20/20 IN THE GOOD EYE AND 20/400 IN THE BAD WITH OR WITHOUT GLASSES?

The causes for rejection for appointment, enlistment, and induction are:

a.Distant visual acuity of any degree that does not correct with
spectacle lenses to at least on of the following (367):

(1). 20/40 in one eye and 20/70 in the other eye.
(2). 20/30 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye.
(3). 20/20 in one eye and 20/400 in the other

См. статью: Is the Marine vision Requirement with or without glasses?