Saturday, May 25, 2013

Distorted Vision when wearing my New Glasses?

I use both contact lenses and glasses, though I always take them off when I'm at home.

Last February, I had my eyes checked because I bought new pair of contact lenses. I'm nearsighted and from the examination, my grade became 150. (120 before)
The contact lenses were perfect for my vision unlike the other pair I used before.

Recently, I just brought a huge glasses with huge frames since I'm tired with my old glasses (it was half the size of my new glasses)

I went to a different optical clinic (since I was, at that time, on different place) to make lenses on my new eyeglasses.

I've told the doctor about my recent contact lenses and vision.
We did tests to make sure about my vision, though the test says I have 170 vision.it was much clearer than 150. I asked her why because my contact lenses was 150 and it's perfect for me but she said glasses and contacts are different on some point and prescribed 150 for my new lenses.

The PROBLEM is…
When I wear my new glasses, my vision became distorted.when I'm looking at a flat surface, it seems to bulge out.It was hard for me to walk since I see the ground like it was nearer to me.
And another thing is, my vision was still blurry, My contact lenses are so much more clearer than my glasses even though they have the same vision grade. (she said, the glasses were huge so my eyes should adapt.but it's been weeks since then and NO changes.)

I always have problems on wrong lenses prescriptions and It frustrates me to spend so much money just to make it right. Some told me (and my cousin, an optometrist but he was working abroad so I can't ask him for help.we rarely communicate.) that when I should go back to the doctor who prescribe the wrong glasses, and It should be free.is that true? because every time I went back, they still let me pay for the new lenses.

I can't come back to the doctor who recently made my lenses because the place was far. (My hometown)
But it would help me to know about the 'Rules' on wrong prescriptions.
And how should I defend my rights as a patient with wrong prescriptions (I told a doctor once and she got pissed off.)

I hope you could help me with this, it was hard to wear uncomfortable glasses and I can't wear my contacts all the time.

Thank you in advance!

См. статью: Distorted Vision when wearing my New Glasses?